Monday 12 August 2013

Cats on cards - photos

In November of  2011 I found two black kittens on the street. They suffered from hunger and cold. I made a home for them in November 2011. The start of our “family life” didn't go easy, because they were very afraid of humans and didn't know toilet etc. Now they are totally domesticated.  They got their names after the Latin names of two medicinal plants. The both cats have a “spicy” Latin names. The sweet she cat is Pimpinella (anise) and the naughty tomcat is Zingiber (ginger). I love my cats and I like postcards and stamps with cats and kittens.
Tomcat Zingiber (2012)
She-cat Pimpinella (2013)
It's no wonder I like cat cards very much. Above all paintings and drawings with black cats. There are my cat cards received by Postcrossing. 
The first one is one of my favourites in spite of it is a photo. Title is Simon. He is a beautiful old style Siamese. My parents have a very similar cat. His name is Simi and he is 19 years old. Every day with him is a present for my mother. My father also love him very much. This card came from the Netherlands. I like it!
NL-1228384
I like not all cat cards. Artificial photos like the second cat card received in January 2013 from Japan is too kitschy and not so lovely.
JP-351936
This photo received from Finland is also artificial:
FI-1743380
The next card is kitschy too, but the kitten on it is adorable. I got it from Sweden. It will be better without text.
SE-46169
This photo of a tabby kitten from Germany is more natural.
DE-1941265
This simple photo of a Siamese kitten and a tabby cat is lovely. The card is from Germany.
DE-2162180
The last postcard of this note is my absolute favourite. It is a retouched photo from Germany. Eyes of a beautiful black cat like my dear Pimpinella. Oh, sooo great!
DE-1693717
In my next note I will show painted and drawn cats on postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment