Sunday 12 January 2014

Cats on postcards - paintings and drawings

I like postcards with painted or drawn cats more better than photos. These pictures are small art species too. I have expressed my enthusiasm for this kind of cards in my profile therefore I receive cat cards fairly often. I show some of my favourites here.
Painting by Anna Hollerer-Wischin is so cute. These two adorable kitten are similar to my sweet cats, Zingiber and Pimpinella. I would like to get more card painted by A. Hollerer-Wischin! I didn't found any information about the artist. The card was sent from Turku, Finland by an lovely woman marjakaarina in September 2013.
FI-1850801
Other card with a similar black cat arrived from Germany (Veronika) in December 2013. It has a title: "Philipp on the Farm". The black tomcat Philipp seems to like watching and hunting wild birds. Information about the artist Kathia Bereger can't be found.
DE-2700481
An old favourite from Russia is "The Cat and the Ship" by Tatyana Glushchenko. This cat is a real proud night street-fighter living in the harbour. It is free and full of confidence. Tatyana Glushchenko painted more beautiful pictures about black cats: RU-1343229RU-1458503. She is a Russian artist, designer and writer. She lives and works in Moscow. The card (sent by Darya) arrived in February 2013.
RU-1467617
I got a great card from Taiwan in May 2013. There is from postcard series "Cats and Railway". Jiufen is a small town in Taiwan. It is a popular weekend getaway for Taipei residents and a tourist attraction. The four cats in front of the old Chinese buildings are wild homeless felines. Fifi, the sender of the postcard helped me to translate the title of the picture. Thanks!
TW-883441
Beautiful card from Japan was received also in February 2013. It was painted by Yumeji Takehisa. I like it because of presenting a black cat and being typical Japanese. Yumeji Takehisa (竹久 夢二, 1884 – 1934), was a Japanese poet and painter. He never studied drawing in any painting school nor under any teacher formally. He hated the concept of the "artist", feeling they were rather pretentious which unsurprisingly upset many of the artists of his time, leading to poor reviews from the so-called elite. Mitsuyo, a very active postcrosser sent me this nice card.
JP-370168
Last card in this post is a lovely postcard from Belarus. Yes, I love white cats too! The "Fluffy Bliss" is a pastel drawing by Annet Loginova. Loginova likes to draw cats and other adorable animals. Alena, who sent me this postcard, is in Postcrossing not active yet.
BY-835359

1 comment:

  1. I see that you are that fan of cats. So I am! I like your blog, I think I will visit it from time to time :)
    In your free time you an see mine - I'm just a begginer both in postcrossing and blogging, but I got into it!
    All the best for you and greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete