Thursday 3 January 2013

Beginning my Blog

I'm member of Postcrossing for 529 days. It is a great hobby. Sending a postcard is really amusing pastime. I'm so excited when I'm clicking "Send a postcard" button to get a new address. I read more than once the profile of the receiver to choice the most suitable postcard for him or her. Writing the text is also an enjoyable task. The best moment is to get a message about the receiving my card after a long travel. Receiving a postcard is also a great feeling of course! Every workday I open my postbox expecting for postcards.

Today I have received three cards!
US-2013175
I put the Mucha card from USA to my favourites. I like Art Nuoveau style so much! I would like to visit the Mucha Museum in Prague someday. The two Christmas stamps are also great.
JP-251936
The Persian cat in the gift box is cute but I like the painted or drowned cats more better. I like the stamps of this card.
NL-1622281
I'm sorry but I didn't found the title of the third card painted by the Dutch mouth and foot painter Pieter de Leur (1923-2010). (Ow, it was not easy to insert pictures in the blog! Now they are OK!)

Since July 2011 I have received 198 postcards and send 201. I would like to write about postcards obtained and posted earlier too.

Yesterday I sent a card to Czech Republic. The user is a Japan-fan, so I picked up this card for her:
HU-52525
It is a beautiful Japanese painting made by Kano Tanyu. He was one of the foremost Japanese painters of the Kano school. Kano painters often worked on a large scale, painting nature scenes of birds, plants, water, or other animals on sliding doors or screens, covering the background with gold leaf. This card is one of the 12 postcards of an UNICEF calendar. There are pictures of two Japanese painter: Kano Tanyu (1602-1674) and Yamamoto Soken (1683-1706).
One of the stamps is specific the others the common "chair-stamps". The colouful one is an altarpiece from the collection of the 50 years old Hungarian National Gallery. Title: "The Mystical Betrothal of St. Catherine" (from the Batthyány Collection of Németújvár). It was painted by tempera on wood about 1490.
My first card sending by Postcrossing was "Wild flowers" painted by Hungarian mouth painter  Erzsébet Czibolya. It is a popular card favourited by 15 Postcrossers. I like the colours of this card. Poppy is one of  my favourite plants.
HU-38765
All my sent cards are scanned. To the picture I note the ID, the address and also the text of my card. It is useful when a card lost and I want to send a new one. A note in the file looks like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment