Wednesday 23 January 2013

Five card in my mail-box

On Monday I founded five card in my post-box! It is my record! By registering the cards I try to read the post stamps and I register them in chronological order of sending. The first card is from China. I'm sorry because of the sender didn't write me about him. I read his profile, therefore I know he is a 18 years old boy. On the card are all words in Chinese. I don't know where this beautiful cave can be found.
CN-811017
There are three stamps on the card. Two bird species of China and a lotus (Nelumbo).
From the Netherlands I received an Atelier Nouvelles card. I like this multiple style card. On of my friends learn France and she translated the text. There are delicatessen and accessories of a Butcher’s Shop on the card. Some picture are funny!
NL-1655030
Also the stamp is interesting on this card. It is a long description on it about Maarten van der Weijden (born  1981), a Dutch long distance and marathon swimmer. He won the gold medal in the 10 km open water marathon race at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. 
This great Art Nouveau card came from the United Kingdom. The sender bought it in Riga, Latvia. It must be a window of the building in Alberta iela 2a, Riga. I like it!
GB-391614
A great stamp is on this card. Mrs. Gamp (Sarah or Sairey Gamp) was a nurse in the novel "The Life and Adventures of Martin Chuzzlewit", written by Charles Dickens and first published as a serial in 1843-1844. She was dissolute and drunk and became a notorious stereotype of the bad secular nurse in the early Victorian era, before the reforms of campaigners like Florence Nightingale. I didn't read this novel but I like the stamp!
The two last card s are from Germany. On the both are figures of the Harry Potter movies. On the first one is one of my favourites, Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. Michael Gambon played Dumbledore in the film adaptations of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix, Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows: Part 1 and Part 2. This scene is in the movie "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince".
DE-1875607
The stamp was issued on the 50 anniversary of "Élysée Treaty". Treaty of Friendship, was concluded by Charles de Gaulle and Konrad Adenauer on January 22, 1963. It set the seal on reconciliation between France and Germany. With it, Germany and France established a new foundation for relations that ended centuries of rivalry between them.
The other Harry Potter card is a picture of  Draco Lucius Melfoy (Tom Felton) and his friends, Vincent Crabbe  (Jamie Waylett) and Gregory Goyle (Josh Herdman). 
DE-1846403
On the stamp is medieval centre of Regensburg (Germany), a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

No comments:

Post a Comment