Saturday 5 January 2013

Tonic, like herbal tea and "winged" like a bird!

On Friday I received the 199th postcard. It is from Russia. The sender is a ballet dancer in a musical theater in Yekaterinburg. She sent me one of her first five cards. I hope she will love Postcrossing like I do. The card is really lovely. On the glittering Christmas stamp is written: "C Новым Годом!" (Happy New Year!). On the back-side is a sentence in Russian: "Тонизирующева, как чай с травами, и крылатога, как птица!" It means:  Tonic, like herbal tea and "winged" like a bird! (Winged means here that you can fly like a bird.) There is printed a greeting on the back side: "Я телаю тебе счастьа!" (I wish you happiness!)
RU-1409728

I like the fabulous pictures of Victoria Kirda (Кирдий Виктория Эрнестовна). It is my second card painted by her. She is a Russian artist. I'm sorry that I found information about her only in Russian. I hope she will be more known in short time in other countries too. My first Kirda-card was sent by a 9 years old Russian girl from Barnaul in August 2012. It is also beautiful. On the back-side are two quotation: "Angels hear thoughts and demons – words. Therefore, a good enough thought." by Andrei Makarevich ("Ангелы слышат мысли, а бесы - слова. Поэтому о хорошем достаточно подумать." Андрей Макаревич) "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible." Antoine de Saint-Exupery. ("Зорко одно лишь сердце. Самого главного глазами не увидишь." Антуан де Сент-Экзюпери). I like the two big colourful stamps.
RU-1152562

My foremost sent card was introduced in my blog yesterday. Today I would like show the four other of my first fives. The second card was written in German and was sent to Haan, Germany. It is a multiview about Szeged. Int the small pictures you can see: Móra Ferenc Musem, City Hall, Anna Thermal Bath, Tisza River and the main building (rectorate) of the University of Szeged. it is my first received card. It traveled 6 days.     
HU-38766
My third card was also a multiview. In the middle is the fresco of the cupola of Cathedral of Szeged. On the four small pictures are different views of the cathedral. I sent it to Moscow. Its travel time was 18 days. 
HU-38767
The multiple card (below) is my most popular postcard favoured by 25 postcrossers. The dolls are dressed in costumes typical for a small ethnographic region of Hungary "Sárköz". Sárköz includes only four villages: Alsónyék, Decs, Őcsény and Sárpilis. Colours and ornaments of dresses show the age, civil status and pecuniary standing of the women. 
HU-38768
The last card presented today is one of my favourites. íit is an aerial view of my town, Szeged. It is so beautiful! The Tisza River divides the city in two parts. In the middle is the Cathedral and near of the church are the buildings of the University of Szeged. I marked wit an  X my work place, the Faculty of Pharmacy.
HU-38769


No comments:

Post a Comment