Wednesday 16 January 2013

Three Belgian postcards

Since my last note I received only one card. It was in my post box on January 14th. The sender is a postcrosser who is the 2nd on most postcards sent from Belgium. He has been a member for over 5 years and he sent more than 5000 postcards. Postcrossers who sent so many cards - more than 100 pro month - have no time to write a long message. On this card is written only: "Happy New Year!". Postcards with a long personal text are more lovely. On the card is the Art Nouveau style inside of the "Losseau House" - "Maison Léon Losseau" - (1900-1910), in Mons, Belgium.
BE-187648
I received my first card from Belgium on 28th December, 2012. It was my 192nd card. It needs long time to get a Belgian card. This card is one of my favourits because there Elderberry, a medicinal plant. on it. It is a postcard painted by Maria Mendez an issued by IKEA. Elder flowers (Sambuci flos) are commonly used in infusions, giving a refreshing drink in Northern Europe and Balkans. The flowers can be used to make an herbal tea as a remedy for inflammation caused by colds and fever. The picture was painted by Maria Mendez a Caribbean artist. 
BE-183952
There is a nice stamp on the card:
28th December was the Belgian day. I received may 2nd Belgian card on the same day. It is a reprinted vintage folded card not a real postcard. It is nice, but I am not a vintage card fun. It was sent in an envelope, of course, with the same stamp as BE-187648.
BE-181904

1 comment:

  1. You've shared postcard, they are really wonderful. And you have provided information about the postcard
    Thank you so much

    Pincodezone

    ReplyDelete